Join one of the most awe-inspiring 21-day Antarctic Expeditions and Photo Tour Cruises with some of the most experienced Antarctic experts
Discover, experience and photograph Antarctica’s grand landscapes and unique wildlife in an unhurried, intimate way on the most private and exclusive of all Antarctic Expeditions and photo tour cruises for 6 guests on board a beautiful 54 ft. steel hull sailing yacht.
2014 ANTARCTIC PHOTO EXPEDITION AT A GLANCE
- DEPARTURE POINT: Ushuaia, Argentina
- TRIP DATES:
January 3, 2014 to January 24, 2014FULL
2015 DATES: January 5 – January 26, 2015
- WHO: You are a professional or amateur photographer, nature lover or someone who has always dreamed about embarking on a magical Antarctic expedition.
- REQUIREMENTS: Your are team-oriented, you have an adventurous spirit, and you are in good health. No sailing experience required.
- COST: $12,550 all-inclusive for the entire expedition (airfare to/from Ushuaia & lodging prior/after expedition not included)
2014 ANTARCTIC PHOTO EXPEDITION HIGHLIGHTS
- DESTINATION: Antarctica, during the longest days of its austral summer
- ATTRACTION: Towering peaks and glaciers, majestic fjords, prolific wildlife, abstract icebergs and amazing light
- EXCLUSIVITY: Your voyage is incomparable to any other Antarctica tour. Actual time in Antarctica is around 12 days, 3 times that of other cruise offerings
- GROUP SIZE: Your uniquely small group size of six guests plus three crew allows for an authentic, hands-on opportunity to explore Antarctica in what will be a very customized journey
- TRAVEL MODE: Traveling by yacht gives you incredible mobility, flexibility and freedom to experience Antarctica in an intimate way
- ITINERARY: You will follow a general itinerary, but your interest in photography and wildlife observations will dictate our schedule, with maximum time on shore at amazing locations
- TIME ON LAND: You have the luxury to spend as much time on land as we want, not rushed by any rigid schedules
- PHOTOGRAPHY EMPHASIS: This expedition is dedicated to the specific needs and interests of photographers, with group critiques and presentations by your guide
2014 ANTARCTIC PHOTO EXPEDITION TEAM
- YOUR GUIDES: Laurent Dick, widely published professional photographer, experienced wilderness guide, author of the internationally published book, Antarctica and skipper and owner of the yacht, Henk Boersma, veteran of over 30 sailing expeditions to Antarctica and South Georgia. Henk will be assisted by a yet-to-be selected co-skipper
- PERMITS: Your yacht sails under the German flag. Permits to sail to Antarctica are obtained from the German Ministry of Environment (Umweltbundesamt Deutschland)
- SAFETY: Your safety is our priority! Skipper Henk Boersma is considered one of the most experienced skippers in Antarctica and has an impeccable safety record